Thursday, June 17, 2010

Journal/Author Name Estimator

Although I review papers here to force myself to be familiar with the current bioinformatics research, I sometimes author manuscripts of my own.  One of the many decisions that need to be made when writing a paper is to which journal it should be submitted.  Sometimes it is easy, since Science and Nature take so many bioinformatics papers, but most of the time there is a trade-off between "time to publication" and "impact factor" (impact factor on my CV that is).  Anyhow, a fun little tool was Jane, the Journal/Author Name Estimator.   Enter in your manuscript name, and it will advise you to which journal you should send your paper.  You can also see authors who have written something similar, which may be a good source of reviewers.  Try it out!

http://biosemantics.org/jane/

No comments:

Post a Comment